Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Introductions

Hi R here...please bear with me as this is the first time I've "blogged" and my typeing/spelling skills are not the greatest.
SO I've had this overwhelming feeling that my God thinks I should share my/this/our story.

First a little background about me. I first got pregnant in 1992 while on the pill and useing condoms...I ended up miscarrying but I knew that I was fertile. In 1993 I was in a life altering car accident and while recovering from that in 1994 I was told that I may never be able to have kids, but I had a sister that told me "don't worry, if you need me to I would surrogate for you"
Well it turns out the Dr.'s were wrong and I gave birth to a handsome boy in 1997 and a beautiful girl in 1999. At that point in my life I knew I was blessed twice and that if I ever were to meet someone later in life who was not as fortunate as me in the fertility department, that I would like to be able to help them.
Enter H...the year 2008
At this point in my life I find myself a part of a group that brings in "keynote" speakers on a weekly basis. In the spring of 2008 I find myself in the position of having to find the speakers so....My speaker of the night had, had to cancel and in her place she sent H. From the moment I met H, I knew I had a connection with her and wanted to get to know her better, so I asked for her phone number and set a date to get together for coffee. Fast forward a few months and H and I had struck up a friendship. All the while I had no idea about her fertility struggles (and why would I?) So there comes a day that I'm on my way to meet H for a chat and some coffee...now I have no explaination for what happend to me next the only way I can explain it is "God" On my way to meet H, I had a feeling come over me that she may be struggleing with fertility this was quickly followed with the thought that I could possibly help her...followed by the thought that I should offer myself as a surrogate. ( I know weird eh) So as scared as I was and as foolish as I felt when I met up with H I acted on my inner feelings and let H know what I was thinking/feeling. So fastforward a few months and I find myself at the here and now. Feb. 16, 2009.
Well H talk to G and then talked to me and here I am. H and G took me out to lunch on the 15th and we will all be going to our first "appointment" on Friday the 20th basically to find out if we're "sane" enough, or should I say to see if I'm sane enough. So please keep us in your prayers and pray that I "pass" because if I do than I may be on my way to helping them bring their baby (babies) into the world. I will keep you updated. Oh and before I forget if you want to know more about H and G then please please please checkout H's "blog" http://momsoon-myblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/babies-wanted-our-journey-through.html

No comments:

Post a Comment