Friday, February 27, 2009

Honest Scrap...I've been tagged


Okay so I've been tagged. So here are ten random/honest things about me.

1. I am adopted...was adopted the day before my 4th birthday, and I love my parents (all of them)

2. When I was growing up I always wanted to be a Dr. ( specifically a surgeon) But then life took other turns and I became a professional Baker instead.

3. My Mom was killed in a car accident when I was 15 years old and I've pretty much been on my own since then. I was estranged from the rest of my family from when my mom died until about five years ago.

4. Two years ago I weighed 252 lbs. June 2007 242 Lbs. June 2008 225 Lbs. September 2008 222Lbs. Now (feb. 2009) 189 Lbs.thats almost 64 lbs that I've lost.(woot woot)

5. I'm secretly jealous of all you IF and IVF's because alltho you've all had lots of heartache and heartbreak, you all seem to have loving supporting Husbands...where as my Prince charmless spent the last five years of our marriage constantly putting me down and he secretly had a girlfriend on the side for 3 years (we are now divorced) My biggest wish is to have someone Love me and hold me when I cry.

6. Number five was really hard for me to admit.

7. There are nights when I fall asleep wondering if I will EVER find Mr. Right.

8. I recently went back to college and every year/semester I've made the Deans list but now in my final semester I'm wondering if I'll even pass and that scares me.

9. I am afraid of failure but, I am also secretly afraid of sucess.

10. My greatest joy in life comes from helping others.

Now I'm supposed to "tag" 7 other people but, honestly I wouldn't know who to tagg. Most others that I follow have already been tagged and I don't like double tagging sooo, if you want to do this go ahead...if you havn't already been tagged don't take it personnally, don't worry not being tagged does not mean your not liked/loved.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok-rewrite-way too many misspelled words, even for me...

    Thanks for some heartfelt honest 'scraps'- now you are making me cry (said as tho this is a new thing, lol).

    I knew most of these things before as well, but reading them reminds me of what a special person you are.

    I believe that it is only a matter of time that 'he' will come along, and, seeing what I see, fall head over heels for his (getting fitter by the moment) soulmate...

    oxoxoxolots of love from me to youxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was so weird - me being an accountant secretly harbouring a desire to be a pastry chef and you being a pastry chef wanting to be an accountant!!! Grass is always greener on the other side!!

    Your post was so personal and you are so brave to share those things about yourself. I know we IVFers keep lamenting that we have been through so much but you remind me that there is a lot that life can throw at you outside of IF. Everything you've been through and to be so kind and giving to someone else - wow, another wonderful person in this world. We need more people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing with me. My brother was also adopted and unfortunately does not know his birth parents. You are an incredibly strong woman. Congratulations on the weight loss - that is such an amazing accomplishment!! And as far Prince Charming goes....I think there is a guy out there who is looking for his Princess and wondering when he will find her...YOU!!! You have so much to offer. Your post truly touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing.
    Good luck with accounting today! I took the day off to study, and i'm now taking a little break - are you studying mgmt or financial or more complex? Aghh accounting is so not my thing, will be happy when I'm done.
    As for us infertiles with the fab husbands, I think it's because if the relationship was not strong, it would evaporate really quick when your infertile :), it's like having a giant mircoscope on your relationship and if it's not right, you know pretty quick as no one wants to go through infertility unless they are with someone that means the world to them.

    Sorry to hear about your ex-husband, and I'm hoping that you find someone who rocks your world!

    ReplyDelete